Following the release of Lo-Fi Ghibli in 2022; lo-fi hip-hop covers of classic Ghibli songs, the underground hip-hop producer Grey October Sound and P-VINE delight to release a cover album of lo-fi hip-hop arrangements of Japanese City-Pop classics!
After their succssesfully debut for worldwide with "Lo-Fi Ghibli", Grey October Sound is gaining recognition not only in Japan but also in overseas.
The album features world-famous city-pop classics covered in lo-fi hip-hop arrangements, including covers of "Mayonaka no Door ~ stay with me" by Miki Matsubara, "Fly-Day Chinatown" by Yasuha and Taeko Onuki's "Tokai", which opened up the recent global popularity of city pop, as well as classic tracks by Tatsuro Yamashita, Mariya Takeuchi and Yumi Arai.
The cute artwork with the traditional style of Lo-Fi Girl and city pop is by Rika Hase, who also designed the Lo-Fi Ghibli cover.
Format Cassette Tape
P-Vine Records (PCT-28)
1. Fly-Day CHINA TOWN （Yasuha）/ Grey October Sound & MONBEE
2. Plastic Love（Mariya Takeuchi）/ Grey October Sound & Achamico,ADON
3. Mayonaka no Door ~ stay with me（Miki Matsubara）/ Grey October Sound & MONBEE
4. Tokai（Taeko Onuki）/ Grey October Sound & Judo125
5. Anohi ni Kaeritai（Yumi Arai）/ Grey October Sound & Esu
6. Kanashimi-Ga-Tomaranai（Anri）/ Grey October Sound & Lo Film Creation
7. Kimi wa 1000% （1986 OMEGA TRIBE）/ Grey October Sound & Esu
8. Amaku Kiken na Kaori（Tatsuro Yamashita）/ Grey October Sound & Judo125
9. Mr. Summertime（Circus）/ Grey October Sound & The Sidewinder
10. DOWN TOWN（Sugar Babe）/ Grey October Sound & Kimono Boyz
11. Mayonaka no Door ~ stay with me (ver2)（Miki Matsubara）/ Grey October Sound & Judo125