Lo-Fi Hip Hop has become a huge movement in Japan, with fans rapidly growing all over the world after being sparked by subscription services, and has also been featured on TV Asahi's 'Sekijam Perfect Burn Show' and TBS Radio's 'After 6 Junction', and its popularity has not diminished at all. The album "Lo-Fi Ghibli" is an album of covers of Ghibli films by lo-fi hip-hop, whose mellow and melodious sound with a jazzy hip-hop - chill-hop flow is gaining popularity around the world.
It is produced by Grey October Sound, a production team that has released quality lo-fi hip-hop compilations such as Timeless and The Cave.
The cover is by illustrator Rika Hase, who has created numerous book and CD covers, advertising art and video visuals, and the style is a tribute to lo-fi hip-hop and Ghibli.
Pressing Information P-Vine Records (PCT-22)
- Wrapped in Gentleness (Kiki's Delivery Service)
- The Bygone Days (Porco Rosso)
- One Summer's Day (Spirited Away)
- A Town With an Ocean View (Kiki's Delivery Service)
- The Path of Wind (My Neighbor Totoro)
- Nausicaä Requiem (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
- The Princess Mononoke (The Princess Mononoke)
- The Legend of Ashitaka (The Princess Mononoke)
- The Sixth Station (Spirited Away)
- Carrying You (Castle in the Sky)